Friday, February 24, 2012

So yesterday was my pass time for Spring Quarter registration.

I had an awkward slot because it conflicted with one of my classes. So I missed class. Oh well, it could have been worse.

Here's what I ended up signing up for:

  • Statistics 13: Elementary Statistics. I need three Science/Engineering GE credits and I have two. So here's a third. I've been meaning to take statistics for a while because statistics are just a really good thing to know about. With this class, it was between Statistics 13 and Statistics 10 ("Statistical Thinking"), and I went with this one because a. it fit better into my schedule and b. I looked on Rate My Professors and the instructor was pretty popular, so that's always reassuring. (I've started checking all my classes before I sign up...I got burned pretty bad a couple times last year when I didn't.) This is one of those ones where the textbook is really expensive, so I'll end up doing all my studying at the library instead.
  • Plant Sciences 5: Plants for Garden, Orchard and Landscape. This is a 2-unit class that I took to round out my schedule. I had 12 units, which is low, so I wanted some more, but I still wanted space so I could maybe have room for a Freshman Seminar when Pass 2 rolls around. This is a hands-on class where you actually plant stuff in a garden. The downside is that I'll probably have to buy gardening supplies, but on the upside, maybe I'll take home some fresh-picked tomatoes, or something like that.
  • Comparative Literature 6: Myths & Legends. I was looking at two different comparative lit classes--the other was "Fantasy". Could have gone either way. I went with this one because the other had a schedule conflict.
  • English 10A: Literature in English. This is a historical lit class.We'll see how it goes. I'm taking these lit classes because I'm thinking about doing an audible over to an English or Comparative Literature major. Still haven't decided.
That's 14 units. I'll swing by registration again on the second pass and maybe sign up for a Freshman Seminar or two, if any good ones are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment