Sunday, October 7, 2012

So I am told today is the release of Pokémon Black 2 & White 2.

Cool.

So now I have to decide whether I'm going to buy in.

Hmm.

I'm thinking about it.

Still thinking...

Okay, so, I am weighing some pros and cons in my head. The big strike against it is that it's still basically the same old Pokémon with a new coat of paint. If the experience isn't going to be different in any meaningful way from the I-don't-even-remember-how-many others, why should I drop $35 on it?

Except hang on, they have a challenge mode now that raises the difficulty. Okay, that's tempting. That's definitely something that would make me want to play this new game. One of my biggest problems with Pokémon is that it's too easy. If I could play through the game on hard mode...

...Wait, what? What do you mean you only unlock it after you beat the game?

You can't see, but I'm banging my head on my desk right now.

I was almost sold there. Almost. But you know what? Screw it. I'm not even going to bother. The more I think about this, the more frustrated it makes me. You can't even unlock it and start over with it, because it goes away if you delete your save.

Well, screw you too, GameFreak. I didn't want your stupid game anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment