Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I'm a little surprised at how much homework I'm getting assigned for my poetry class. She wants a four-page response to the reading for every class. Yeesh. I just finished my first one--I added in some hypothetical dialogue, including a silly little aside about a Simic Guildmage trying to use cytoplastic implants to write poetry automatically; and a cynical, snarky impression of one of the readings as a Poetry Hipster who only reads poets you've probably never heard of.

First impression: doing this for every class is going to be a pain in the neck.

On the other hand, having to write so much is certainly a challenge. It'll take some creativity to find enough content to meet the length requirement. So it's a non-trivial amount of work, but I do expect it to stretch those creative muscles.

Sorry, hang on, I just got a mental image of "creative mussels". Little clams painting pictures and writing poetry. Ahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment