Thursday, August 9, 2012

Blargh why is this stream thing not working

I did a couple videos a little while back of The Binding of Isaac and they sort of worked out okay, in that they, like, existed, and I could, like, upload them to YouTube. (Not in the sense that, like, anyone watched them, ever.) But this isn't something I can keep doing because it takes a lot of space on my hard drive and it takes forever to upload the damn things.

Apparently though, if I stream a video to twitch.tv instead of pre-recording it, they'll automatically save it on their site, which is a lovely convenience. So I tried doing that instead and...uh...


 

Well, as you may have noticed, I somehow managed to split it into forty-five separate video clips of less than a minute each, all with choppy audio, making the whole thing generally unwatchable. Oh, and of course, since it was linked to my Twitter account, anyone following me got spammed with forty-five tweets, once for every time it stopped and started again. AWKWARD.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here but it seems to be slightly not working.

I tried again today with something simpler and shorter (Dino Run SE) to see if I could get it working. It was a little better, in that it was only split into two videos, and the audio was fine as long as I wasn't actually playing an actual game. So...making progress? I guess?

For the record, I don't feel strongly about Dino Run. It seems...cute. I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment