Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Trapped Dead, again, again

I had some trouble with the autosave on Arkham City, so I went back to play some more Trapped Dead. Remember that game? I haven't played it since June, when I had to quit because of performance issues. My new graphics card has no trouble at all, though, so I'm giving it another go.

Last time, I had rescued the doctor from the hospital. We escaped to a bunker and received a radio distress signal from the sheriff, who was trapped in the jail.


I learned that Mike walks faster than the zombies can shamble. So I started abusing this in order to kite them--smack, smack, retreat, smack, smack, retreat, etc. With this strategy, I managed to conserve ammo and take minimal damage. There was also this sweet trap section where you could lure zombies into the room with the electric chair, then pull the switch to fry them--I managed to get a small horde on my tail, bait them into following me, and zap them all at once. It was cool.

After fighting through lots of undead monsters, we found the sheriff and rescued him. He's a little slower than Mike, but he's beefier to make up for it. Also: found a hatchet and a shotgun.


When we got back to the bunker, the sheriff told us that Joe the Vietnam Vet was holed up in the library. The doctor, however, argued that we should head to the train station to try and get out of town. It's up to m to decide, apparently.


I only have time for one mission tonight, but you know what? I think I'm going to keep playing through this game. It's not great, but it's definitely better than I thought it would be. I'll probably have to start up a TV Tropes page for it, too--because, you know, tropes. Let's see, there's Zombie Gait, Plague Zombie, Notice This, Real Time With Pause, Grid Inventory, Inspiration Nod, Batter Up, The Medic, Sacrificial Lamb, um...I dunno, I'll think of more.

No comments:

Post a Comment