I made it all the way to Satan and he killed me. No fair. >:-o
Anyway, I've been playing The Binding of Isaac this week. I beat Mom for the first time a couple days ago, and today I played through again and beat Mom's Heart twice (once with Magdalene and once with Eve). As you can see, I just finished another playthrough with Cain where I used a shovel to skip Mom's Heart and go to Sheol, where I fought Satan (and died, sad face).
The sad part is since I skipped Mom's Heart, I don't even get the thing I'm supposed to unlock for beating her. Awww.
It's okay, I'll get it next time.
I like this game. It does a great job of blending Legend of Zelda-style dungeon-crawling with roguelike-style replay value and intensely creepy horror elements. There's definitely a learning curve, and it's not very forgiving, but now that I've gotten the hang of it (more or less), it's hard to put down.
On an unrelated note, there's a new Indie Royale bundle out this week. I haven't decided whether or not it's good value.
The games are:
- Harvest: Massive Encounter, a combination tower defense/real-time strategy;
- The Journey Down, an adventure game;
- Serious Sam II, an action-heavy first-person shooter;
- Gundemonium Recollection, a trilogy of bullet hell shooters;
- Acceleration of Suguri, a combination bullet hell shooter/fighting game;
- And Dino Run SE, a platformer starring a velociraptor.