Sunday, July 1, 2012

Nooooo



I made it all the way to Satan and he killed me. No fair. >:-o

Anyway, I've been playing The Binding of Isaac this week. I beat Mom for the first time a couple days ago, and today I played through again and beat Mom's Heart twice (once with Magdalene and once with Eve). As you can see, I just finished another playthrough with Cain where I used a shovel to skip Mom's Heart and go to Sheol, where I fought Satan (and died, sad face).

The sad part is since I skipped Mom's Heart, I don't even get the thing I'm supposed to unlock for beating her. Awww.

It's okay, I'll get it next time.

I like this game. It does a great job of blending Legend of Zelda-style dungeon-crawling with roguelike-style replay value and intensely creepy horror elements. There's definitely a learning curve, and it's not very forgiving, but now that I've gotten the hang of it (more or less), it's hard to put down.

On an unrelated note, there's a new Indie Royale bundle out this week. I haven't decided whether or not it's good value.



The games are:
  • Harvest: Massive Encounter, a combination tower defense/real-time strategy;
  • The Journey Down, an adventure game;
  • Serious Sam II, an action-heavy first-person shooter;
  • Gundemonium Recollection, a trilogy of bullet hell shooters;
  • Acceleration of Suguri, a combination bullet hell shooter/fighting game;
  • And Dino Run SE, a platformer starring a velociraptor.
 The trailers look decent, but the price tag is on the high side. It shot up past $5 pretty quickly this time. Is it worth it? Eh, well, like I said, I'm not sure. I'll have to sleep on it. Will decide tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment