Saturday, June 30, 2012

Bastion


Bastion is just too sweet for me to not play it for so long.

It's a hack-and-slash action-RPG set in a colorful post-apocalyptic world in the sky that constantly re-forms as you traverse it. You play as a spunky kid, and your goal is to collect Cores from dead locations in the old world in order to build a new world at your base, the eponymous Bastion. As you collect more Cores, you gradually build up your Bastion, adding new features to it like a Forge, Memorial, Armory, Shrine, and so on.

The graphics and sound are top-notch, and the controls are solid--everything is very polished. Also, there's this great narrator who narrates everything you do, which I am enjoying.


Here's how far I've gotten. As you can see, I'm headed to Langston River next. This is a big map; I'm looking forward to exploring it.

I'm currently using the machete and the shotgun as my weapons. The machete-thingy has a short range, but it's quick and has a good crit chance. The shotgun doesn't have the range of the bow, but it has a nice spread and knockback effect that I like. There are more weapons that I haven't unlocked yet, of course, so we'll see how that plays out.

Oh, and yes, I figured out how to enable my controller. So that's good.

1 comment:

  1. Bastion is great, I got it from the HBV, so I was very happy about that. Plus the soundtrack DL was nice, music is good to listen to outside of the game :D.

    ReplyDelete