Monday, June 11, 2012

Ben There, Dan That

So I tried out this point-and-click adventure game, Ben There, Dan That. It's about two guys who get abducted by aliens and travel through several dimensions in order to get back home in time to watch Magnum, P.I.

On the upside, I guess it has some cute jokes and clever moments. But it's also frustrating. You get stuck and what are you gonna do? Well, there's really nothing you can do if you get stuck, except either stop playing or cheat. The worst part is that it's the nature of the genre that getting stuck means you have no idea what you're supposed to do at all. So like I said, frustrating.

But I promised myself before I started playing that I wouldn't automatically hate it for what it is. It's a point-and-click, and I can take a deep breath and accept that. The writing is decent enough that maybe I can even overlook it--it's made me smile a few times, after all.

That's all I have to say about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment