Sunday, June 17, 2012

Escape Goat!

So in this game Escape Goat, you play as a goat, and your task is to escape. See, the bad guy put the goat in prison because the goat was blamed for a crime he didn't commit. But if the goat can rescue all nine sheep, the prison will collapse and they'll all be free. Of course, the bad guy has filled the prisons with all sorts of nefarious traps and enemies and obstacles, but luckily the magical goat has a magical rat friend, and together only they can defeat the evil...prison...guy...?



Hey, whatever, it's a pun.

The way it works is it's a puzzle-platformer. You have to get all the keys, then get to the door. But of course, there are things that are in your way, and only a clever goat will be able to succeed.


Your assets: a double-jump, a ramming attack, and a magical rat who can climb walls or sit on switches for you. If you manage to pick up a magical hat, you'll temporarily gain the ability to switch places with the rat as well.

I approve of this game. The story is very silly, but the characters are lovable (and adorable) and the levels are well-designed. The first story mode is short.


It took me about two and a half hours to finish all 65 rooms. But it was an entertaining experience and I'm very glad I played it. MagicalTimeBean has wooed me once again with a great game.

It's not over, of course. There are a whole bunch of bonus levels that I'll have to play through as well. Come to think of it, I still haven't beaten the bonus levels in the Soulcaster games, have I? Well, anyway, thumbs-up here.

I suggest you buy this game rat now for its sheep price and have a goat it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment