Monday, March 5, 2012

Eh, I was going to take an existing piece and arrange it for SATB, but I've changed my mind because I realized that only works if I already have the melody. Which I don't. And bugger if I'm going to try and piece it together by ear. That's too much extra work for no payoff. Instead, I'm just going to take a basic Pachelbel's Canon progression (I-V-vi-iii-IV-I-IV-V) and make up a melody to go with it, and save the other idea for sometime when I have a melody to work with. I mean, I have a good enough ear for melodies, but I can't identify pitches to save my life. If it's going to take me five minutes on the piano just to figure out what key I'm supposed to be in, that's just not an efficient use of my time. Especially since I don't have a piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment