Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Healing Checkpoints

Checkpoints and save points have an interesting property in many video games. Whenever you reach a checkpoint, your health goes back up to full, as does your ammo, mana, and anything else that may need replenishing.

As it turns out, though, this wasn't already documented on TV Tropes. For shame! So I've taken the liberty of starting a YKTTW to collect examples. If you can think of any games that do this, hop over and share them. Or post a comment over here and I'll add it for you. Whatever.

In other news, I just finished a commander game with my Rhys the Redeemed deck. Started the turn with three tokens, and a Rhys. Played Parallel Lives and Seedborn Muse. Passed the turn. Untapped, made six tokens. Opponent (Momir Vig) tried to combo out and fizzled. I untapped, made eighteen tokens. Opponent (Lyzolda the Blood Witch) played Nevinyrral's Disk. I untapped, made 54 tokens. They scooped. Good beats, good beats.

No comments:

Post a Comment