Friday, March 30, 2012

A New Challenger Approaches?! FlatOut

The Indie Gala added another game! Gasp!

It's called FlatOut and apparently it's a racing game where you drive a car. The trailer shows crash test dummies competing to see who can crash the crashiest...apparently this is an alternate mode. Well, it's been a while since I've played a good racing game, so maybe it'll be fun. Let's give it a shot!


So I started a Career. It gave me a choice of cars. I had no idea what to make of the stats they showed me, so I just picked the one on the right, whatever. There's some customization options, but I just jumped right into a race.


"Amateur Run", yeah, that sounds about right. Okay, so this should be easy, right?


Ah, yes, the ol' "dead last place". Let's try this again, shall we?


I am a terrible driver. My windshield is smashed and I believe I am driving so poorly that the car has caught fire. This is probably not good. I'm going to retry again.

So how do I use that Nitro meter, anyway? There's got to be a button for it. Button mashing, button mashing...aha! 


Zoom! Back to first place! Now that's more like it! Now how do I refill the meter?


Whoop, too late, second place. Well that was fun. I don't really know what I'm doing, but...


Smash bonus? Wait, was I supposed to smash things? I was avoiding smashing things. I just assumed crashing into obstacles was bad. Is that how you refill the Nitro?

Anyway, I am getting a kick out of this. I haven't played a racing game in ages. Zoom! Haha!

That was fifteen minutes, so forty-five to go. But I am optimistic so far. This seems like a nice bonus game.

No comments:

Post a Comment