Friday, April 6, 2012

Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes and Hack, Slash, Loot

In Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes, I play as this emo kid, Drake. He's all depressed because he dropped out of school, and he's going to commit suicide-by-mushroom when he receives the Call To Adventure™. Turns out all the good guys are dead and the bad guys are going to, like, do bad stuff or whatever, so this "Holy Avatar" fellow tells him to get off his butt and recruit some bad guys to form a team to fight the other bad guys.

That's as far as I got because I ran into a problem...I turned down the Draw Distance setting to get a good framerate and it ended up looking like this:

I could see right up to about the end of my nose and that was it. Somehow I managed to get in 18 minutes before I had to stop to change it...? How did I do that?

Well anyway more on that later because I tried my first run in Hack, Slash, Loot. It is indeed a roguelike, as I found out when I died on the first level.


See, I am dead. I am a dead Elf Archer. Well, better luck next time. I managed to survive for about five minutes before a kobold tragically cut my life short.

No comments:

Post a Comment