Monday, April 30, 2012

I've been holding off on my Phyrexia mod for Dungeons of Dredmor because a. I've been waiting for the new patch to come out and b. I haven't actually played much Dredmor lately.

I had a completed version of the mod already, except it broke. I have no idea why. I can't find any errors in the code that I recognize. It just stopped working; dunno what I changed. So I guess I'll have to start from scratch.

The first skill is Infect. It passively makes all your attacks give the target a -1/-1 counter (gives -1 melee power and -1 HP). Seems okay, right?

I want to have Living Weapon allow you to sacrifice a piece of equipment to summon a robot familiar. I'm not actually sure how to do that, but I think it's possible with the new patch. I've never done a minion skill, though. Trial and error, I guess?

Somewhere along the line is Proliferate. I think I want it to be a curse that lasts a super-long time and gives a -1/-1 counter every turn. So like you target them once and their death is inevitable. That's flavorful, right?

And there'll be Phyrexian Mana, which is a straight-up simple buff, reducing your life but boosting your Savvy and mana regen.

Four skills does not a skill tree make, though, so I'm thinking I want Phyrexian Obliterator as a skill. It should trigger a damaging blast around you when you get hit. Beyond that I haven't decided the specifics.

And then maybe cap it off with Yawgmoth's Will, or Yawgmoth's Bargain, one of the classic broken Phyrexian powerhouses. Except I have no idea what they do.

Oh, and I should mention that you start off with a Contagion Clasp hat, which clings to your face and reduces your stubbornness and sight range but boosts toxic/putrefying damage and sneakiness.

That's what I have so far. I dunno if it's any good. Maybe it's not even worth the trouble. I'll think about it some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment