Sunday, May 6, 2012

Astro Tripper and Plain Sight


I thought Astro Tripper was supposed to be a horizonally-scrolling shooter, but actually I was wrong--you move freely around an arena trying to kill all the enemies as they spawn.

This game is too hard. Your ship is a One Hit Point Wonder--if you take any damage at all, you explode instantly, and you have to restart the whole level from the beginning. Worse, you can actually get a game over--die three times and you lose all your progress. This is very unforgiving and very frustrating.

I managed to beat the first level, but I can't get past the second level after about an hour of frustrating deaths. And I'm still in the training area.


Even on easy mode, the learning curve is too steep. The game expects you to be perfect.

Well, hrmm.

Moving on to Plain Sight, which I tried out today. Apparently there is no single-player mode in this game. It's either multiplayer or "training". And the multiplayer lobby is...


...dead. There's nobody here. So I actually just can't play this game.

Which isn't a huge loss, since it didn't look like something I'd like anyway. I tried the tutorial and it seemed...meh. I got enough value out of the other games in this bundle that I don't feel bad about cutting my losses and skipping this one. *shrug*
  • Alien Shooter
  • Alien Zombie Megadeath
  • A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda
  • Astro Tripper
  • The Baconing
  • Ballistic
  • Beat Hazard
  • Defense Grid: The Awakening
  • Depths of Peril
  • Explodemon
  • FlatOut
  • Future Wars
  • Gear Grinder
  • Greed: Black Border
  • Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
  • Hack, Slash, Loot
  • Inferno+
  • Madballs in...Babo: Invasion
  • Plain Sight
  • Slydris
  • Sol Survivor
  • Tobe's Vertical Adventure
  • Trapped Dead
  • Twin Sector
  • Unstoppable Gorg
 15/25.

No comments:

Post a Comment